ExpiredSummer Workshop Week #2
We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.
June 29, 2020 - July 3, 2020
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
|Week 2—June 29-July 3 from 9:30-12:00|
|Musical Theatre Dance||New: Jazz Dance||Musical Theatre Dance||New: Jazz Dance||Musical Theatre Dance|
|Acting & Scene Work||New: Audition Technique and Preparation||Acting & Scene Work||New: Audition Technique and Preparation||Acting & Scene Work|
|Music & Voice||New: Songwriting||Music & Voice||New: Songwriting||Music & Voice|
- Musical Theatre, Improvisation & Scene
- This is an improvisational workout geared towards helping actors find creativity and enhance their skills as a performer. Actors are trained to follow their instincts on stage through exercises that focus on performing scenes with little or no rehearsal. It is important for students at this age to let go of how they feel they should perform, and instead start to just be on stage. To free the actor from their own preconceived notions of a role, or scene, and to produce a more versatile and daring actor, in depth character work is encouraged. We will explore a variety of Broadway shows!
- Audition Technique & Preparation
- Our class will focus on preparing our campers for the audition process by providing them with audition materials that are geared just for them! Every camper will learn all of the foundational skill for auditioning. They will even have their own monologue to use for auditioning purposes.
- Musical Theater Vocal Ensemble
- This workshop will largely be run in the style of classic FPAS musical theater classes. Students will warm up, learn about and exercise proper vocal technique, and work on a large ensemble-style show tune. Students will learn and practice their parts during class, and then record themselves singing as part of a virtual ensemble.
- Students will explore songwriting techniques, using both lyrical and musical concepts. Students will have the opportunity to workshop lyrics and/or music that they have composed. Students will receive prompts for songwriting, as well as ways to get past writer’s block and feel great about their creative efforts. Open to all levels of experience!
- Musical Theatre Dance
- This workshop focuses on the classic Broadway dance style. Students will warm up, learn key moves, and then work on choreography combinations to showtunes. At the end of the week, students will have learned a full dance to a Broadway song. Please wear shoes and clothing you can move in.
- The jazz dance workshop incorporates more technical dance skills and contemporary music. Students will warm up, learn key moves, and work on choreography combinations. Please wear shoes and clothing you can move in.
We know that what makes FPAS special is the people…so campers will also participate in our Pen Pal Program!
Instead of arts and crafts, we will be pairing all campers with a Pen Pal! At the beginning of your session, you will find out who your Pen Pal is, and at the end of the week, you’ll have the chance to exchange notes the old-fashioned way. Drawings, letters, songs, doodles, poems—creativity is encouraged! Even though we can’t all be together, this will foster our sense of community and give campers a tangible reminder of the friends, counselors, and FPAS Pals who love and miss them!