ExpiredSummer Workshop Week #3
We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.
July 6, 2020 - July 10, 2020
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
|Week 3—July 6-July 10 from 9:30-12:00|
|Musical Theatre Dance||New: Dance technique and flexibility||Musical Theatre Dance||New: Dance technique and flexibility||Musical Theatre Dance|
|Acting & Scene Work||New: Character Exploration||Acting & Scene Work||New: Character Exploration||Acting & Scene Work|
|Music & Voice||New: Music Technology and Recording||Music & Voice||New: Music Technology and Recording||Music & Voice|
- Musical Theatre, Improvisation & Scene
- This is an improvisational workout geared towards helping actors find creativity and enhance their skills as a performer. Actors are trained to follow their instincts on stage through exercises that focus on performing scenes with little or no rehearsal. It is important for students at this age to let go of how they feel they should perform, and instead start to just be on stage. To free the actor from their own preconceived notions of a role, or scene, and to produce a more versatile and daring actor, in depth character work is encouraged. We will explore a variety of Broadway shows!
- Improv and Fairy Tales
- This class is designed to ignite your child’s imagination. We’ll create a variety of characters and explore the fun-filled world of theatre through creating a variety of characters. How does a character walk, talk, think, engage with other characters? The class will consist of acting games, fairy tales, improvisation, skits and so much more!
- Musical Theater Vocal Ensemble
- This workshop will largely be run in the style of classic FPAS musical theater classes. Students will warm up, learn about and exercise proper vocal technique, and work on a large ensemble-style show tune. Students will learn and practice their parts during class, and then record themselves singing as part of a virtual ensemble.
- Music Technology and Recording
- Students will experience working with a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) and learn basic concepts of recording, mixing, and production. Students will learn the fundamentals of MIDI recording and how to best use it in practice. Students will make beats, explore various effects, and learn how to record themselves to get the best-sounding results possible. Open to all levels of experience!
- Musical Theatre Dance
- This workshop focuses on the classic Broadway dance style. Students will warm up, learn key moves, and then work on choreography combinations to showtunes. At the end of the week, students will have learned a full dance to a Broadway song. Please wear shoes and clothing you can move in.
- Flexibility and Technique
- This workshop will help students build up strength, flexibility, and technical dance skills. We will focus on across-the-floor combinations and work on kicks, leaps, turns, and more. Please wear shoes and clothing you can move in.
We know that what makes FPAS special is the people…so campers will also participate in our Pen Pal Program!
Instead of arts and crafts, we will be pairing all campers with a Pen Pal! At the beginning of your session, you will find out who your Pen Pal is, and at the end of the week, you’ll have the chance to exchange notes the old-fashioned way. Drawings, letters, songs, doodles, poems—creativity is encouraged! Even though we can’t all be together, this will foster our sense of community and give campers a tangible reminder of the friends, counselors, and FPAS Pals who love and miss them!