Sold OutSummer Camp Session #1 – Performances: Sat. July 13th, 4:00 pm & 7:00 pm
Event Phone: (203) 610-5882
- June 24, 2019 - July 12, 2019
9:30 am - 3:00 pm
A full-scale performance, drama training, and drama games are the primary components of the FPAS Summer Camp. These components are incorporated into each camp day. The camp provides a physically and emotionally safe environment to provide optimal conditions for growth and learning as both an actor and a person all while having a fun, exciting and inspirational experience. The campers are grouped by age and when not preparing for the performance rotate from one training class to another.
The classes and rehearsals provide training in ACTING, DANCING, IMPROVISATION, STAGE MAKEUP, SINGING, SET DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION, & MUSICAL THEATER! Preparation and rehearsal for the performance begin in the first few days. Rehearsal time expands as the camp progresses. Drama games are incorporated within the training and rehearsal sessions.
Jennifer Kenny leads and directs the camp instruction and the performance and is assisted by a staff trained in acting, singing, dancing and music. Each day includes morning snack break and a midday lunch break. At the end of three weeks, audiences will be delighted with the campers’ performances.
Open for children entering grades 2-11 in the Fall of 2019.
Schedule – Camp Session #1 – Three week camp with performances
Monday – Friday, June 24th – July 12th 9:30-3:00
Mary Poppins, Jr. – Saturday July 13th, 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm
Camp Performance – Dress Rehearsal
- Saturday, July 13th, 9-1:00, 3:00 call time for 4:00 pm performance
- Quick Center, Fairfield University, 1073 North Benson Rd, Fairfield
- Camper to bring a bag lunch and water bottle, no juice please.
Kelley Theatre at the Quick Center
- Show duration: 1 hour, 20 minutes.
- Show dates & times: Saturday, July 13th, 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm
- If your camper cannot attend a performance, please notify us as soon as possible.
- Ticket sales begin in June. Call the Quick Center Box Office at (203) 254-4010 to reserve your tickets.
Camper Drop-off and Pick-up
Each day, the parent or guardian of each camper must sign their child in and out of camp via our sign in sheet.
Please call or text us at (203) 610-5882 if your child will be absent from camp.
Camper Daily Supplies
- Bag lunch with an ice pack
- Snack (we have a daily scheduled snack break)
- Refillable water bottle
- Comfortable clothing
One camper per family: $1,025.00 for the first child and $925 for any additional children in same family. Summer Camp tuition is due at the time of registration, full payment or a 50% deposit. The balance is due by June 1. There are no refunds after June 1st. The tuition includes a $50 non-refundable registration fee.
- 3 weeks of classes and workshops
- Fairfield Performing Arts Studio Summer Camp t-shirt
There are no refunds after June 1st. The tuition includes a $50 non-refundable registration fee.
Venue: First Church Congregational
Venue Phone: (203) 610-5882Address: